-->

Chocolate Chip Cookies



These are delicious large chocolate chip cookies, which I made especially for my daughter, as she accuses me of making too many unusual foods (what is so unusual about coconut flan?).
I found the recipe on Tracey’s Culinary Adventures who got it from Alton Brown, with a few minor tweaks (one of these days I’ll get

I’ve always hesitated to make flan because I don’t have special timbale cups and I still can’t believe an ordinary person can make caramel sauce. But, I recently came across this recipe from Chicago Mexican Food Examiner and the coconut, combined with one-pan cooking, convinced me to give it a try.
I was not deterred

These cookies are extraordinary because they are both practical and mysterious.
Let’s start with the practical. Not so unusually, this common cookie meets two of my key food recipe requirements: they are easy to make and they taste really, really good. Plus I had all of the ingredients on hand and both of my kids liked them. They look yummy and photograph well. Healthy? Relatively…
Perhaps most striking though, is that these flourless peanut butter cookies epitomize a subtle but critical aspect to the joy of cooking for me, and that is the “how did that happen?” factor, the mysterious chemical metamorphosis that transforms simple single ingredients into a result that is greater than the original separate components. No flour - just peanut butter, sugar, a little bit of baking soda and 1 egg.
These delicious cookies are crisp, light and extremely tasty — and addictive.
I found this recipe on Bonne vivante who found it on joy the baker who found it in The gourmet cook book(pass it on…)
  • Peanut Butter - 1 cup chunky or smooth
  • Sugar - 1 cup sugar (can substitute 1/2 cup brown and 1/2 cup white)
  • Egg - 1
  • Baking Soda - 1 tsp.
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
  2. Combine peanut butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes (I did this by hand but you can use a mixer.)
  3. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another few minutes.
  4. Roll into walnut sized balls, and then press down with a fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
  5. Optional: add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes.
Makes about two dozen cookies.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel